Thursday 21 July 2011

As a boy I saw orange groves in rows in parts of this valley. They were surrounded by gas stations, convenience stores, fast food chains, all encroaching. The motels strung along Sepulveda blvd as well as parts of Balboa were to me just ugly boxes. I later would learn that in some people did illegal things. I later than that would learn in a book that those motels were there as artifacts from when a few streets stretched across this valley connecting Los Angeles and the Central valley. As a little boy I apparently hated parking lots. I have no memory of this,  I have lived my whole life in the north valley.     That house is haunted.   We all on the street know this.   The family is nice and seem to not notice or care.  The weird young man they let illegally live in the attic seems to also not care.   My wife and I get a strange feeling though when we see him.  Ethan is the name we hear them call him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment